Her Retirement Planning Classes
We currently offer our Her Retirement planning classes at Worcester State University and Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, MA; Mount Wachusett Community College in Leominster and Devens, MA; and at Middlesex Community College, Bedford, MA.
We are expanding the Her Retirement educators network nationwide so please check back soon for more locations.
Our 6 hour Retirement Planning class is offered in two different formats: 1) Two Saturdays, 9:30-12:30pm or 2) Two weeknights, 6:30-9:30pm. Every class offers a wealth of knowledge about retirement basics and “unique to retirement” planning strategies for a more confident and comfortable retirement.
Our 2-hour Speed Retirement Planning events offer a unique format to get a lot of information about your retirement plan in a short amount of time. Like speed dating, you’ll have a chance to chat with various experts on topics like: income planning, investments, Social Security, long term care, Medicare, taxes and more. Schedule Coming Soon.
“I have a 401k, money in CDs, a small annuity and a little money in some investments. I always thought it was enough. I never understood, until I attended your first class, why I should do all this planning.” -Jan W.
In Our Retirement Planning Classes You’ll Learn:
- How to optimize & protect her money, his money, our money
- How to determine exactly how much income you’ll need in retirement
- Why the traditional 60/40 portfolio is dead
- How to win when the market is up, but protect yourself against market losses
- Major risks and threats you MUST address in retirement
- How to use your home as a retirement asset
- Key strategies for combating inflation and taxes
- The difference between various types of annuities; the good, the bad and the ugly
- Structure a retirement portfolio vs. traditional growth portfolio
- The state of the Social Security system and how to time your claiming decision
- Current laws and their impact on your estate plan
*Class fee is $49 and includes 6 hours of instruction, a 200-page course guide and a 1-on-1 Q&A session with your instructor after the class. Bring a guest/spouse for no additional fee.