We use a lot of brain power and software power to offer you a number of different guided and self-assessments. Assessments are integral as a first step in your retirement planning journey, whether you’re working on your own or with Her Retirement. Assessments give you a benchmark for your starting point and identify major issues and gaps in your financial plan. All of our assessments are very enlightening and we encourage you to reach out to a RetireMentor with any questions you may have.
You can use the results of your Assessments to:
- Partner with a retirement planner in our network and build and implement your retirement plan.
- Use the results on your own or with your existing advisor.
- Hold on to the results until you’re ready to start taking action.
Self-Guided RS Assessment Tool
We recommend you use our RS Self-Assessment Tool to find out if you’re ready for retirement and identify your gaps in knowledge, financial inventory and preparedness. You’ll use the data from the tool to strategize and implement your plan (on your own or with a retirement planner). You can circle back to the tool to see how your deficiencies have become efficiencies. The tool will be yours to use to track your financial and retirement progress.
Complimentary Guided “Am I Ready for Retirement?” Discovery & Assessment
In addition to the fee-based Assessments below offered by licensed retirement planners we’ll match you with in our network, they also offer an initial complimentary “Am I Ready for Retirement?” Discovery & Assessment. In this session, he/she will review your current situation and give you some suggestions for any improvements. It’s a great opportunity to understand the recommended strategies and approach, as well as getting to know the planner you’d be working with. This is also a great “2nd opinion” if you’re already working with another planner.
Also included is Retirement Efficiency Analysis (REA). This data-driven snap shot of your current retirement situation helps your planner assess where you are and areas that can improve your retirement outcome. The industry’s most complete retirement planning software system powers this initial discovery. The software gives you valuable insight to make educated and calculated decisions about your retirement and your retirement income.
This is also a great exercise for you (and your spouse) to go through to benchmark your situation, begin the retirement conversation and as a basis for your retirement plan.
Sample Assessments Offered by Licensed Retirement Planners in our Network
Retirement Income Projection Analysis
- Income Needs & Expense Management
- Income Optimization
- Portfolio Re-Allocation
- Tax Efficiency Calculation
- Social Security Maximization
- Income Withdrawal
If done separately, these assessments would be: $1,000
- Review of your current portfolio
- Portfolio results vs. industry benchmarks
- Fee analysis (are you paying too much)
- Re-allocation suggestions based on your situation
Tax Efficiency Assessment
- Tax effect of portfolio withdrawals
- Social Security & Medicare taxes
- Roth conversion & taxes
- 401k withdrawal strategy
Social Security Maximization
- Comparison of claiming strategies
- Comparison of timing strategies
- Benefits estimator
- Tax predictor and spend down analysis
- Review of your current 401k plan
- Are you putting enough away?
- Review of investment options
- Review investment allocations
- Re-allocation as necessary
- Withdrawal strategy/tax effect
Long Term Care/Life Insurance Assessment
- Analysis of current life insurance/LTC
- Needs determination
- Funding options
- Review of Medicare options
- Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans
- Needs assessment
- Cost of plans comparison